RobotStudio event

Current and older versions of RobotWare

Maxim Riabichev
edited August 2018 in Robot Controller
If you are looking for the latest or older versions of RobotWare, they are available via RobotStudio -> Add-ins -> RobotApps -> Filter for RobotWare -> Choose the version in the drop-down menu to the right.

Maxim Riabichev
PC Software Support Engineer
Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Comments

• Hi dear, I need RobotWare 5.14 but i don't find it RobotApps
  • Hello,

If the one you are looking for isn't available then you should use the closest version above the one you're looking for.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • I need to install version 5.16. Ive got it downloaded and unzipped. I opened the robotware 5.16 folder and ran Setup.exe. I get an installation completed message. When I open up Robostudio and create a new station, I do not see 5.16 under the robotware section in add-ins. What am I missing here??
  • You should add it from the Add-Ins tab

• For RW5, check "Options"- "Files And folders" ->"Mediapool for RobotWare 5.X". 

I'm having trouble getting my RW 5.16 working aswell.
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
  • You should add it from the Add-Ins tab

You can't "add" it from the drop down. It is Download only.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    So after you installed 5.16 it will likely have installed RW 5.16 in C;\/Program files(x86)/ABB Industrial IT/Robotics IT/Mediapool.  You can copy or cut that folder and move it to C:/Users/"your user name here"/AppData/Local/ABB Industrial IT/Robotics IT/Robotware/
    It will then be available to use the system builder to update your system's RW to 5.16
    Lee Justice
  • How would I find my Robotware key?

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    System builder should show it under "Control module".
    Lee Justice
  • If, IF, you have a backup you can use an XML viewer to checkout system.xml (I use a web browser) in the backups root directory, or drill down to the BACKINFO folder and open the keystr.txt file.

I used to use the keystr.txt file until I noticed the system.xml file has the keystrings as well as the options, and sub-options listed in a coherent (to me anyway) structure. 

-<Option descr="Drive System 09 66x0/6700">
         -<SubOption descr="Additional drive">
               -<SubOption descr="ADU-790A in position X3">
                     -<SubOption descr="ADU-790A in position Y3">
                             <SubOption descr="No drive in position Z3"/>
                       </SubOption>
                  </SubOption>
             </SubOption>