RobotStudio event

Multi-Tasking - Loading modules to foreground

Hello, 

I have a pretty basic question related to multi-tasking and loading modules during execution. Specifically, is it possible to load new program modules into the foreground task by using Load command, which has been called from the background task? 

Currently the new program module is loaded during program execution, but the module is loaded into the background task instead of the foreground (motion) task. The foreground task triggers a TRAP in the background, which handles loading/unloading of large toolpath files from HOME. I am hoping that it is somehow possible to specify which Task a module will be loaded into. It appears that by default the modules will be loaded into the same Task which contains the "Load" command. 

The TRAP routine in the background looks like this:

TRAP drip_feed_on
        ! normal unload + load
            Unload Prev_Mod;
            Load\Dynamic, diskhome\File:= Next_Mod \CheckRef;
    ENDTRAP

And the TASK Configuration:

I also looked into the "Automatic Loading of modules" Configuration, but the background task is still receiving the loaded module. 

We are running RobotWare 6.07 on an IRC5. Thanks in advance for any advice someone may have!

-Jay 

Answers

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    The foreground task triggers a TRAP in the background, which handles loading/unloading of large toolpath files from HOME.
    Any harm in putting the background trap in the foreground task?

• Hi Soup, thanks for your reply. 

The trap in the foreground is how we have previously loaded modules until this point. The idea with a background task for loading toolpath-modules is that we can continue seamlessly executing the motion task without any pausing to load new toolpaths and unload the old (it is for 3D printing, so the continuous motion is really ideal to achieve). I know that StartLoad can be used to load modules while the task is executing, without stopping the robot motion, but the problem is remains that when UnLoading modules the robot needs to stop moving for at least a few seconds. 
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Interesting -- so Load could be worked around with StartLoad, but Unload and EraseModule both cause a delay which screws the printing... I've got nothing... Sorry...
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Do you really need to load module?
    Is an other task can fill a target (or else) array from a text file, while motion task execute?
  • Hi Jay_c,
    Did you ever resolve this issue?