RobotStudio event

External Emergency stop and safety door

Options
KnowledgeSharing1
edited July 2018 in Robot Controller
Hi,
 I am having a question regarding a safety.

External emergency button:
 Should the External emergency botton should be hardwired connected to IRC5 controller. If yes can you please tell me where to connect the external emergency stop?

Safety Door:
  When the operator request for a door to open in automatic mode. Should the safety door also be hardware wired to IRC5 or through software(we are also having PLC as master using profinet).
 Currently we have done it through software, When the operator request door to open in automatic. The PLC programmer will make "MOTOR ON" as false. and he will give the open the door. Is it a correct procedure  for safety door? or can you please suggest me a correct procedure?

We are having SafemovePro and siemens safety PLC with profinet

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    @KnowledgeSharing1: What I'll say first is make a SafeMove training. Security is not a joke...

After, generally, External Emergency Stop is wired on General Stop because, Robot EStop is wired to PLC EStop. And Door is wired to Auto Stop.
    With SafeMovePro, you can use PLC ProfiSafe to attach safety signals.
    In SMPro Conf, you have Stop Configuration where you can select signal to trig SC_GeneralStop, SC_AutoStop or SC_EmergencyStop.

• As far as I know, External emergency stop is not to be configured in SMPro. It should be hardwire connected. But the question is where is to be connected in safety board in IRC5?

For safety door where to connect the wire in the IRC5 safety board? Currently we have connected to safety PLC and the PLC programmer will disable the "MotorOn" in automatic when the door is open.

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't want to use SafeMovePro/ProfiSafe to get EStop, you have to wire your button in GS1/GS2 in A21 Panel Board. By default you get shunt on it.
    Door are wired in AS1/AS2.
    Don't use system input for security, you'll loose your performance level. Did you ever do a Sistema on your machine?
    And MotorOn only powerOn motors in Auto Mode, never powerOff, use MotorOff instead.
    Look at 'System parameters' help, in 'Topic I/O System' - 'Type System Input' - 'Action values'.
  • Thanks for your info.

Can you please tell me what is difference between General stop (GS), Superior stop(SS) and Emergency stop(ES)?

If I am configuring only with profisafe. Can I use auto stop only from the stop configuration using SMPro? OR Hardware wire MUST to wired to A21 X5 board?
  • If I am not wrong
    Auto stop= will deactivate the drive power in the auto mode.
    General stop= Disconnects power in all modes
    Superior stop = Disconnects power in all modes. What is the difference between GS and SS?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    GS = General Stop, sometimes used for safety mats, scanners, light screens and such.  SS = Superior Stop, intended for use by some "superior" device, like PLC or computer.  Old S3's had SS, S4 generation it went away, but reintroduced in IRC5.
    Lee Justice