RobotStudio event

Restart Issue

Options

I am unable to restart my simulation controller. If I do it just stays in the restarting state and never comes back online. I am using RS 6.07.01 & RW 6.07.01. Has anyone had this issue and knows of a solution?

Comments

• Hello,

Have you tried dealing with the warning you're receiving?

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • cwillingham
    Options
    Yes and I am still having the issue. I have tried building the controller with different RW, and I have the issue with 6.05-6.07. If I build controller with 6.03 then it restarts correctly.
  • Hello,

Could you upload a backup of this station so we could have a look at it?

Thanks.

Maxim Riabichev
  • cwillingham
    Options

Here is a Pack and Go.

• Hello,

I've tried restarting the controller in this P&G multiple times without any hickups.

Please tell me all the steps you're taking when you run in to the issue.

Maxim Riabichev
  • cwillingham
    Options
    I have tried two different ways: 

- Right clicking on system and perform warmstart 

- Going to controller tap and performing warmstart through the restart button.

I have spoke with ABB support and they are sending me 6.07.00 to try since I’m running 6.07.01. I will download it when I get back to the office in the morning.I thought it was my computer but I tried on two other colleagues computers and it does same thing. I am running Windows 7 sp1.
  • cwillingham
    Options
    On my computer I also check for updates and it says it’s up to date.
  • Maxim Riabichev
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hello,

I was using RS 6.07.01 and RW 6.07.01 and the restart went fine, multiple times (with your P&G of course).

Have you tried the I-start?

Could you use the Support Tool (find it via Start Menu) and see if you find any errors when restarting?

Maxim Riabichev
  • cwillingham
    Options

I just tried I-Start and I have the same issue.

I did not see error generated in the support tool from restart. I have attached the report if you would like to review it.

• PetrB
    Options
    I'm experiencing same issue with RS 6.07.01 sometimes. It's usually happens when I'm running multiple instances of RS. To fix it, I close all instances of RS and terminate all instances of ABB Virtual RobotController in Windows Task manager.
  • cwillingham
    Options
    I am having the issue when only running 1.
  • cwillingham
    Options
    If I shut down the system I get receive this fault.
  • Is your windows installation up to date?
    Have you tried your station in Win10?

Maxim Riabichev
  • cwillingham
    Options
    Yes my windows is up to date, and no I have not. I don't think of our company computers are running windows 10.
  • Hello again,

We believe that your issue has to do with network settings, more specificially a port being blocked by a firewall or something similar.

In RobotStudio Help, search for Network Settings and read this topic. Make sure all relevant ports are unblocked.
    Specifically this line is relevant:

IRS5Controller

Allow

In

UDP/IP

Any

Any

robnetscanhost.exe

You can try your pack&go on a computer outside of your company network and see if the controller succeeds to restart to verify that it is indeed an issue with ports being closed.

Maxim Riabichev
  • cwillingham
    Options

Our IT department looked into the firewall issue and they did not see anything for ABB being blocked. They even disable the firewall on my laptop and I still had the issue.

The part that I don't get it is I can build the system with RW 6.03 and it works fine, but anything 6.04 or newer I have the issue. 

• Ragav
    Options
    Hello,

Type Services into the start menu search box.

In Services, scroll down to "Remote Procedure Call" and make sure the status says "Started" and set to Automatic.

The second "RPC Locator" should be set to "Manual".

If the issue persists, check if the antivirus program is defending, if so, try disabling it.

Ragav
  • cwillingham
    Options
    I checked in service and the first one says started and is set to automatic, and the second one is set to manual.

Our company uses Sophos for antivirus and we have disabled it and still have the issue.
  • Hello,

Can you try to build your system with RobotWare 5.x and see if you are able to restart?

Maxim Riabichev
  • Ragav
    Options
    Hi,

NetScan process not being shut down correctly could be an issue. Before trying to start the controller, start TaskManager and shut down "RobNetScanHost.exe" and "RobComCtrlServer.exe" and "RobVC.exe". You may need to click "show processes from all users" in order to see them.

Ragav
  • cwillingham
    Options

Hello,

Tested RobotWare 5.x.

I built a system using RW5.61.08 and I did not have the issue.

NetScan.

Only these two were still running "RobNetScanHost.exe" and "RobComCtrlServer.exe". I End Process them before opening robot studio, unfortunately I still had the same issue.

• Hello Cody,

We'll be proceeding with troubleshooting this case via RobDesk (internal ABB tool).

Maxim Riabichev