RobotStudio event

Points in RS are not showing on right pos

Options
When I configure base frame (0,480,508.7) for robot IRB5403 on track T5403, Robot is moving by points but if I check axis of robots they have not the same values as real robot. Difference is exact as base frame.  If we leave base frame in (0,0,0) axis are correct but the points in RobotStudio are not showing on right position.
What should we do to solve that problem?

Gregor

Comments

• John Wiberg
    Options

Which version of RS do you have?

Did you do the 'Modify Position Robot World' before starting the controller?

Did you calibrate in 'Setup of ExAxis' with 'Use model definition' or some other way?

Most likely you have missed to adjust the baseframe in RS to the robot base after attaching it to the track.
    This is the easiest method:

Import robot and track.
    Position the track where it should be.
    Drag robot to track, answer yes.
    Right click robot and select 'Set as UCS'.
    Right click robot and select 'Modify>Position Robot World'.
    Select 'Reference UCS' type in 0,0,0-0,0,0 and OK.
    Right click the station and select 'Set as UCS'.
    Setup the controller with the right cfg.
    Start the controller.
    In Setup controller, go through the External Axis tab.

You have now placed both the graphical representation (by the drag n drop) on the track and the baseframe of the VC (by Position Robot World) on the same location.

• GPetak
    GPetak ✭✭
    Options

I did all that you suggest, but their still difference between "move to target" and "jump to target". I have RobotStudio 2.1.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• This was an Email I recieved from Ernst-Olav:
    These track models should be OK.
    New T5403 for left and right side
    New T5404 for left and right side
    All tracks have +-20 meter working range, but the rail graphics is only 1.5 meter. Load additional rail as graphics and position as needed.
    NewT5400.zip
    Hope this helps,
    Bob
  • GPetak
    GPetak ✭✭
    Options

When I tried to import T5403_L.rlb or T5403_R.rlb RS report: "Failed to load part from file"image, if I import T5404_L.rlb or 5404_R RS report: "Runtime Error! Program: C:Program FilesABB RoboticsRobotStudioRobotStudio.exe. This application has requested to terminate it an unusual way. Please contact the application's support for more information."image and then: "The instruction at "0x73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program" image

GPetak38134,5267013889