RobotStudio event

IndCMove limited by Robotstudio?

Options

Dear ABB,

For an IRB120 model we trying rotating continuously axis 6. In the studio option 610-1 is enabled, as well as 681-1.

According to 120’s spec, axis-6 allows “+400° to -400°” area, and “+242 revolutions to -242 revolutions maximum”, and can resetting the turning count.

We play with command IndCMove, and found that error “50160 cannot reach position” occurs after some turning, which is not in accordance to the “auto reset” behavior.

The actual turning limitation seem to be the minimum overlap of [Upper Joint Bound, Lower Joint Bound] and [Independent Upper Joint Bound, Independent Lower Joint Bound] intersection. For example, the first pair might be set to [15*2pi, -15*2pi], [12*2pi, -12*2pi], and the actual turning limitation (show by robotstudio animation and error message) is [12*2pi, -12*2pi], and if we swap the two, it be [15*2pi, -15*2pi].

Since we haven’t got a real machine and only test it in the studio, I am not sure if this is the behavior on real robot.

Could you clarify this behavior and the parameter setting?

customer

Tagged:

Answers

• sturner
    Options

Hi

Not sure if Independent motion in fully supported in RobotStudio,

Previously I had to manually reset the axis to zero at the start of each simulation using 'mechanism Jog Joint'

So I think the IndReset Instruction does not reset the axis in the station.

Kind regards