RobotStudio event

Problem with building custom add-in

Hi, I want to make my own add-in for robotstudio.

I'm following this instruction: http://developercenter.robotstudio.com/blobproxy/devcenter/RobotStudio/html/08a465af-bdcc-4f65-a647-764c14005d00.htm

I created a RobotStudio 6.07 Sample Add-in and it works fine. But then I tried to change the code a little bit to test my own buttons and I didn't see my changes.
Then, I noticed that file "RobotStudioEmptyAddin1.rsaddin" was not updated after re-building. Executing the build command in Visual Studio should generate an .rsaddin file as I understand, but it doesn't happen. Only "RobotStudioEmptyAddin1.dll" in debug folder is created.

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    In VS console output, you can see LibraryCompiler.exe output if an error occurs.

• Hi egor,

The .rsaddin is effectively just a pointer to the add-in dll. It is not generated when you build the project.
    If you make any changes to it, you must copy it to the Addins directory. (Either manually or automated, though the latter requires you to run Visual Studio as admin.)

If you only have changed the code, the changes should be reflected if you rebuild the project and start RS.

@DenisFR LibraryCompiler is only used for Smart Components, not standard add-ins.

Regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics