RobotStudio event

GetRapidDataType in RAB 5.8

Options

Hi,

I move my application from RAB 5.7 to 5.8, but I have got some problem with method ABB.Robotics.Controllers.RapidDomain.Rapid.GetRapidDataType()

it requires to add references to Dcl.base and Dcl.Rapid, but this dll are not package in RAB SDK. I have to install a Robotware and include them on the project.

Is this correct?

Are these references strictly connect to RW revision?

Thanks

Gianluigi

Comments

• Ingela
    Options

Hello,

Dcl.Rapid and Dcl.Base are internal FlexPendant assemblies, and should not be used by RAB applications.

The error you describe is probably due to a known Microsoft bug in the VB compiler, which they will fix in their next release for dotnet framework. This bug has caused the following scenario:

"Compiling a Visual Basic FlexPendant SDK application accessing method ABB.Robotics.Controllers.RapidDomain.Rapid.GetRapidData method, gave a compilation error requiring reference to the Dcl.Rapid assembly."

The FlexPendant team has implemented a workaround in the code for 5.08, which should have solved the problem.

Is your application a Visual Basic app?

Have you just upgraded from VS 2003 to VS 2005?

Is it in the released RAB 5.08 and RW 5.08 that you get this compilation error? (If not, what build?)

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden
  • GigiM
    Options

Hello

Yes, my app is in Visual Basic and I moved it from VS 2003 to VS 2005.

I've got the errore in RAB 5.08.

To solve the problem I had to remove all the references to ABB.Robotics*.dll and to import all these references from RobotWare_5.08.1009vcbin including also Dcl.Rapid and Dcl.Base.

With these references I can rebuild the app without any error.

Gianluigi

• Hello,

I had encountered the same problem. Is there some solutions to solve this problem now?

If removing all default ABB.Robotics *.dll and importing them from vcbin, can the application run in real robot FlexPendant?

Thanks!

Grant Xue

• Hi,

Due to a Microsoft bug Visual Studio/VB falsely says the FP SDK method Rapid.GetRapidDataType requires a reference to Dcl.Rapid. (The method exists both in ABB.Robotics.Controllers and in Dcl.Rapid). VS2005 SP1 does not solve the problem.

A workaround to avoid this behavior has been implemented for RAB 5.10, which is planned for release just before Christmas.

The same problem was reported for Rapid.GetRapidData earlier, and the workaround for that method was implemented for 5.08.

The procedure you suggest should work, as dcl.Rapid is part of RobotWare in the controller. To be on the safe side, set the reference property Specific Version to false.

Best regards,

Ingela Brorsson
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics, Sweden