RobotStudio event

Exporting Cell layout data

Hello,
We have found that Robot studio is a great tool for designing robot cells in regard to reachability of robots as we can import any robot we require. However, when the we have completed the design i can not find a way of exporting a complete cell into another drawing package so that i can generate 2D layout drawings with referencing dimensions for documentation and marketing purposes.

Is there a way to do this? I know i can export single components as .sat files but when i choose a couple of components the export widget freezes.

"Argon Technology - your industrial robotics and automation partner, helping you build your tomorrow"

Comments

• Hello,

Unfortunately can you only export single parts as .sat files in RobotStudio.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Thankyou for your reply. I can understand why this is so as Robot studio is designed for developing programs offline to reduce the downtime of manufacturing lines. However, the software is also appealing to system integrators and developers such as our selves, having all the 3D robot models at hand greatly assists in design. The other process that we use to model robot cells is in Inventor, however this entails importing the .sat files and constraining all the parts of the robot back together, which is very time consuming, especially with faceted surfaces.

"Argon Technology - your industrial robotics and automation partner, helping you build your tomorrow"

• Hi,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    Thank you for your input.
    What function in RS should you prefer, possibility to export a complete cell as an acis file (.sat), or possibility to export a 2D layout directly from RobotStudio?
    For the planning of future RS releases, this information would be very valuable for us.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • It would definitely be more flexible for us if we could export the whole cell as a acis file and keep reference to each component in the cell. This would allow us to generate our own layout on our own title blocks. However, a 2D layout would overcome the initial problem stated above but i assume that it would never have top end functionality due to Robot studio being programming software.

So i would prefer an acis file. Thankyou