RobotStudio event

Is there a way to approximate the work envelope for robot with a finite number of points?

Options
I would also need to be able to do this with different tools.

I know that robot studio can show you the work envelope, but I don't know how turn that into points that could checked in rapid.

I trying to find the minimum distance between the work envelope and a point. If I can approximate work envelope as a set of points, then I can use the distance command to check the point and each point of the work envelope.

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    You can use CalcJoint() and manage error:
    Error handling The following recoverable errors are generated and can be handled in an error handler. The system variable ERRNO will be set to:
    Name    Cause of error
    ERR_ROBLIMIT    The position is reachable, but at least one axis is outside the joint limits or the limits are exceeded for at least one coupled joint.
    ERR_OUTSIDE_REACH    The position (robtarget) is outside the robot's working range.
    ERR_WOBJ_MOVING    The mechanical unit that controls the work object (user frame) isn’t standing still at execution time of CalJointT \UseCurWobjPos.

• Mechie
    Options
    I'm not very familiar with ERRNO. Do you know of any tutorials that could help me understand error handling in rapid?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Technical reference manual - Rapid kernel, Technical reference manual - Rapid instructions, functions and datatypes, technical reference manual - Rapid overview.
    Lee Justice