RobotStudio event

Error 560026 "Close to Singularity" during a MoveAbsJ move.

This is baffling me, how can a error about being close to a singular position be a problem when moving in joint interpolation to a target position define by joint angles.

I don't know if it is coincidental but when this routine was called (and generated the error) the robot was already at jStillage.

Just to provide all relevant info the position are define as:

Hope someone can help.

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    I see that jStillage has values for all external axes where the others do not.  jPark also.  Do you have all those external axes?
    Lee Justice
  • no external axes, the values were assigned by robot studio.

• although jStillage & jPark might have been typed by hand in the rapid editor.I cant imagine that is the cause, I could test it but it will take a long time to get an answer as the problem has occurred twice in a month of running. I hate problems which are not repeatable!
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    OK, so this is not new, and it is intermittent.  I do see the program pointer, but not the motion pointer, maybe just not the best picture.  With that being said, maybe it is another motion in another routine that is the real culprit.  Look for the motion pointer, check you event messages for other clues.
    Lee Justice
  • Sadly that all the info i have the shot of the pendant was email to me at home today with a description of the event. I think the program pointer and motion pointer are at the same place.
    The robot was waiting at the jStillage when the operator requested access to the cell, which calls the routine to park the robot. That is the first motion instruction it would have encountered:

• As already said, PP is at line 702, but MP is not seen, therefore, somewhere before Home procedure, at previous MoveL instructrion, that actually causes 'Close to singularity' error.
  • Forget to feedback, Dmitry was quite correct the problem was elsewhere. Thankyou all for your assistance