Editing a background Task in RS results in System Failure?
Any Ideas on the following?
I have a multi-move system with two motion tasks, and a background task handling PLC type functions and low latency stuff.
When in RS and online, if I open any rapid modules for the
background task; the controller at any point can go into system failure.
It could be instantly as soon as I select the module, 30 seconds later, or a few minutes…
To recover from the crash I need a full “I” restart.
- Originally this program was a “static” type, but I’ve changed it to normal so can’t attribute it to that.
- Task in background to motion task 1, and there is very little at all; actually only running at 20 Hz.
- I have got to the point of error handlers for every function attempting to track It down; nothing…
- No issues running the robots- I just can’t edit the task.
- It can be any line of code, or module. As soon as I select a line with the mouse the failure can occur.
(RS and Robot Ware RS6.08 btw)