RobotStudio event

Can't change system options

Options
Hello,

I get this error message from the output, when i try to change the options:

RobotStudio .NET exception:
OptionManager.OptionManagerException: Option "810-2 SafeMove" conflict with option "1125-1 SafeMove Basic 996-1 Safety Module " in the system
   at OptionManager.RoboticsOption.RawSetOption(Option inputOption)
   at ABB.Robotics.RIM.SettingsManager.RawSetOption(Option option)
============================================
Base exception: ProductSettingsException

OptionManager.OptionManagerException: Option "810-2 SafeMove" conflict with option "1125-1 SafeMove Basic 996-1 Safety Module " in the system
   at OptionManager.RoboticsOption.RawSetOption(Option inputOption)
   at RobotStudio.Services.Systems.SystemBuilder.SystemBuilderGandalf.GetSettingsManager(ControllerSystem2 controllerSystem)
   at RobotStudio.UI.Controller.GandalfOptions.GandalfOptionsDialog.CreateGandalfOptionsDialog(ControllerSystem2 controllerSystem, IEnumerable`1 hiddenGroups, Int32 numberOfRobots)
   at RobotStudio.UI.Controller.GandalfOptions.GandalfOptionsDialog.<ShowDialog>d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RobotStudio.UI.Controller.Commands.ChangeSystemOptions.<OnExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RobotStudio.UI.Controller.Commands.ControllerCommandHandlerBaseAsync.<OnExecuteCommand>d__2.MoveNext()
   at ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.Environment.CommandBarButton.<RaiseExecuteCommand>d__49.MoveNext()
How can I fix it? I changed the system.xml and did a restart but it's still not working.

Comments

• j_proulx
    Options
    You cannot have option 810-2 SafeMove  and option  1125-1 SafeMove Basic 996-1 Safety Module configured at the same time. They conflict. Remove one. 
  • EricH
    Options
    I am trying. How can I do that manually? The window for changing the options is not popping up. Instead i get the error message.
  • Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Try using Installation Manager instead.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • j_proulx
    Options
    You cannot have the controller open in Robot Studio when you are trying to change options. Start RS new and open an empty station. Use Installation Manager to find where the Controller System is saved and change the options. In your empty station, from the Home tab, Open the Existing Robot System and I-Start it. The system will load with the new configuration.
  • EricH
    Options
    Thx, I think this works. Unfortunately the Installation Manager makes another copy of the system and the system in my station doesn't change.