RobotStudio event

Targets doesn't follow its reference coordinate

Options
Hi guys,
    I am new to RobotStudio. I have a little problem with the targets. I have a workpiece that amounted  on a positioner and I set the UCS frame on the axis of positioner. Then, I created several targets with reference to my UCS frame. But when I jog the positioner (my UCS is rotating), the targets don't move with respect to UCS. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? 
Sincerely,
Xirui 

Best Answer

Answers

• Xirui_LIU
    Options
    lemster68 said:
    You would have to specify that the workobject is moved by the mechanism.  In your MOC under the mechanical unit it should say "allow_move_of_user_frame" and in the workobject definition it should have the name of the mechanical unit.
    Thank you for your reply. What is MOC? I didn't find "allow_move_of_user_frame". 
    Forgive me for asking these stupid questions. Thank you again and looking forward to your reply. 
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MOC.cfg is your motion configuration file, it is found in syspar in a backup.  But you can use the pendant, control panel, configuration, type=motion find mechanical unit and find allow move of user frame, need to set to YES
    Lee Justice
  • Johannes Weiman
    Options
    In the offline/3D case, you must create a Workobject that is moved by the positioner. Then create the targets in that workobject.

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Xirui_LIU
    Options
    In the offline/3D case, you must create a Workobject that is moved by the positioner. Then create the targets in that workobject.

Thank you for you answer. In my case, I create a positoner mechanism by myself, but not a positioner in ABB library. When I try to create a workobject, there is nothing in the drop down box of "Moved by mechanical unit". Is this because I use a self-created positioner?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you do the other step with your MOC?  Allow move of user frame.
    Lee Justice
  • Xirui_LIU
    Options
    lemster68 said:
    Did you do the other step with your MOC?  Allow move of user frame.
    No, because I am using a self-created positioner, I cannot create a robot system from current layout. Thus, in my backup folder, there isn't subfolder that contains syspar.
    Thank you very much anyway. Your comment helps me learn many new things.