RobotStudio event

SafeMove functionality - simulation purpose

Options
Hello, I have a question regarding SafeMove, I have read through the options/help menu regarding configurations, but in all honesty, I am getting confused and feel like I'm hitting my head through a wall...
I'm doing this for simulation purposes, I know that in reality I would need the safety PLC in order for this to work, but can a simulation be done just to test it?
I have the following questions:

1.Is the SafeZone just a simulated barrier or does it refer to where (for example) light barriers might stand?
2.How does it exactly work? If the "operator" was to walk inside the blue SafeZone with axis speed supervision to slow down the robot, how would such action work?

I wonder if, the robot while operating through a simulation, would be affected by such actions.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers,
Anton

Comments

• graemepaulin
    Options

SafeMove needs external sensors (light barriers, scanners, etc) to sense where people are.

Based on this information SafeMove will ensure the robot is either not in a zone (or not out of the zone depending on your setup) where it can hit the person, the robot is below the speed set for that zone (permanently or with an input from a sensor), or stopped - infringement of the zone parameter(s) will cause a safety stop.

The control of the robot speed is done outside SafeMove (in the Rapid program based on inputs from the sensors).

To put it another way SafeMove ensures that the robot is not operating outside parameters setup for that zone. It is safety rated so if setup and tested correctly will ensure the robot does not act in an unsafe manner in that zone as determined by the parameters you setup (keeping the people out of the way of the robot is the job of the safety fence and/or safety sensors).