RobotStudio event

MoveC and Zones

Options
This is probably another newbie one (sorry in advance): what zone should i use for MoveC?
Fine slows the speed down, but would other settings make my circle "less round"?

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on how big your circle is;  if it is a small circle with big zones that actually overlap, the robot automatically reduces the zone to the overlap distance.  Basically, the proof is in the pudding, make them z1, 5, 10, etc., until you see results that you like.  Probably most definately not fine, because you are probably sealing or arc welding if you need a circle movement.
    Lee Justice
  • k_schmid
    k_schmid
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks a lot, we are printing, the size is 115 to 350 mm diameters. So medium size I guess but precision matters.
    Its also coordinated with an axis but i dont think zones matter too much for these?
    Post edited by k_schmid on
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Read up on the data type zonedata, there are components of that data that apply specifically to coordinated axes.  I have tried to create my own, with different values for the external axis.  But, to be honest with you, in reality it looks like the robot ignores the larger ext axis values that I tell it to use.  :'(
    Lee Justice
  • k_schmid
    Options
    Thanks will do. I may have to add some more way  points to my circle. In your opinion is that going to better or worse for accuracy of the circle or depends on the zone settings?
  • j_proulx
    Options
    The robots have a tough time doing circles using axis 1 - 3 movement. The friction between joints are a problem. There is an option called Advanced Shape Tuning that can help overcome this issue. See attached section from RW Application Manual. You run the tuning and it will learn after many iterations how to make the circle. Usually it is axis 1 movements that the issue. Set it to 160 to start. If you are doing lasers then there is another called WristMove. It makes the circle using only the wrist axis (4-6). Both these are part of of an option you can purchase called Advanced Robot Motion (687-1)
  • k_schmid
    Options
    I dont think we have plans or a need to buy this since our work object is rotating