RobotStudio event

Align (Fix) object surface to Robot Axis 6

Options
Hi All,

Does anyone have an idea to fix the surface to the robot axis 6? The yellow highlight.
I manage to attach it to ROBOT but this is what i struggle here, how to fix position?
It is look like what we did in solidwork or inventor to do some constraint on the both surface.

Comments

• graemepaulin
    Options

Right click on the tool in the tree on the layout tab, select position->set position.

Change the drop down for the reference (frame) to local and then adjust the position using the X<Y,Z box's.

You can also  place (off the position menu again just a bit further down than set position), or offset position.

Using local reference frame means you do not have to worry about the tool being on an angle to the world frame.

• yu1988
    Options
    Now the MyTool's direction is correct, but how can I change its X,Y,Z direction to make it same as Tool0's X,Y,Z direction.

• graemepaulin
    Options

you adjust the TCP position and/or orientation.

Right click MyTool in the tree (while in the paths and targets tree tab as shown above)) and select modify ToolData

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    When exporting from solidworks, you have to set where is CAD origin (ouput coord system).
    Or in RS, you can set it by right click, modify set origin.