RobotStudio event

what exactly is a "safezone"?

Options
Regarding SafeMove I would like to know just what exactly a safezone is.
-what are the yellow barriers?
-how does the robot acknowledge the parameters of the safezone?
-if i put a safezone around the robot and allow "robot inside" then the robot will not go past the yellow barriers

How does all this exactly work? do safezones indicate the positions of where complementary sensors such as light curtains might be?

Comments

• graemepaulin
    Options

1-the yellow cube walls represents where SafeMove will start to stop the robot, depending on the robot speed how far past the cube wall the robot will travel before stopping.

2-the safezone is stored in the SafeMove computer which works independently of the main computer CPU (though resides on a PCIe card in the main computer)

3-as for point 1

4-SafeMove monitors the robot position and will stop the robot as per point 1. To slow and/or stop the robot when people come close you need light curtain, safety scanners, etc which are connected directly into the controllers safety circuit - independent of  SafeMove.

• anmataj
    Options
    Hey Graeme thanks for your answer, I also sent you inbox about an issue I've had but I've fixed it, thank you and I appriciate all the help you can provide me with :)
    I dont exactly understand one part.. so the safemove computer (the safety plc right?) stores the coordinate points of the yellow cube, and it makes this safety "bubble" around the robot?
    is that what the gray points indicate?
    is it even allowed to encapsulate a CNC machine inside this zone like it is in the picture?

• graemepaulin
    edited July 2019
    Options

Yes you can think of SafeMove as a safety PLC.

Yes the grey point are the coordinates it stores.

There is no restriction to having the zone go inside the CNC machine as SafeMove does not know it is there - if you do not want the robot to not hit parts you will have to shape the zone to suit (you can add more points to make it  fit - it does not have to be a cube shape). The lower and upper z height is set for all points though which does limit the  shape you can make a bit.

• anmataj
    Options
    Graeme you are the messiah :) thanks a lot :) 
  • EricH
    Options
    It has to be mentioned, that the SC(Safety Controller) only stops the robot, when the current TCP or ArmBubble reaches outside the SafeZone. Therefore you also need to adjust them in size and form. If a Part is gripped, then this also has to be defined with a capsule or likewise.