RobotStudio event

How to change the weld parameters based on time.

Options
I am very new to Rapid programming and. As an example i have a scenario where in i need to weld continuously for 30 seconds and requirements are as follows. 

1) In that first 6 seconds (Phase 1) i would like to use more current and weld speed.

2) In the last 6 seconds (phase 3) i would like to use less current and less weld speed as compared to first phase of 6 seconds

3) For the 18 seconds of (Phase 2) i would like to use altogether different weld parameters compared to Phase 1 & Phase 2.

I need to implement this type of scenario through program..

Thanks & Regards
pskumar

Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Change the weld schedule (welddata), you will probably need to create more that suit what you want to do.
    Lee Justice
  • pskumar
    Options
    Hi , 

First of all thanks for the reply.

I can create multiple welddata's, when we create more weld data we need to put that in ArcLStart / ArcL command for the weld length that we interested, so this is basically length wise we are deciding the weld data. However for my requirement I do not want to go with length of weld, but actually I want to control the weld data based on the weld time.

Imagine as your advice i have created 3 different types of welddata's, like WELDDATA_1, WELDDATA_2 AND WELDDATA_3.  My requirement would be as below.

How do i develop code such that welddata's are changed based on the weld time....

1) The moment welding starts for the first 6 seconds (phase 1 welding) it should use WELDDATA_1,

2) For the next 18 seconds (phase 2 welding) let it use WELDDATA_2.

2) And the rest of welding (phase 3 welding ) it should use WELDDATA_3

Thanks & Regards
    pskumar

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Figure the length based on your weld speed and make a point where appropriate to change your welddata.
    Lee Justice
  • pskumar
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.

So based on weld speed we need to arrive the total length of time for the end to end completion of that weld.
    After that calculate the time for each weld phase and accordingly change the weld parameters for that phase...

Once again thank you very much for the reply quick reply...

Thank & regards
    pskumar