RobotStudio event

WebWare Server SQL Database Size [WebWare Server]

Options

Hello,

We have been running WebWare Server v4.6 for a period of just over a year now without any major problems. Actually the software had been running quite well until recently. It seems the size of the SQL database has grown considerably and now there is less than 3 MB of space left on the main C: drive of the server. As you can imagine this is causing rather serious problems on the server. I have scrambled to clear up more space but the database continues to grow. I keep getting the following error in my event log:

Error:9002, Severity17, State: 2

"The log file for Database 'DeviceLog' is full. Backup the transaction log the database to free up some log space"

I've also tried to archive and shrink the database both manually and via the scheduler in WebWare (Admin -> Database) and it seems to keep failing. I get the following error codes:

Deleted. DevLog Error: -536 - CWWBackupRs::BackupDatabase() Error number: 0x80040e21 The requested properties cannot be supported. CustomDB Error: 0 -

What can I do to reduce the size of my database. All the robot program backups are saved on the D drive. I can remove the last years worth of backups and burn them to a DVD..is there a special procedure to doing that. I'm assuming simply removing the backup files will be of little help since they are still referenced in the "Catalogs" folder (must I delete the corresponding *.XML files if I remove the backups and burn them to DVD?). Will this help reduce the size of the 'Devicelog' database on the C drive?

FYI: We are currently backing up 12 robots daily, 7 times a week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly for your time,

Cheers,

R.K.