RobotStudio event

SafeMove2: Conditional Safety Functions

Hello all, 

As part of our robot cell design, I am designing a SafeMove2 setup which consists of an IRB 4600 and a safety laser line scanner (Sick microScan3 Pro) which monitors if a person walks in the cell during operation. The SafeMove configuration consists of two Safe Zones. The inner zone allows the robot to run at full speed and sets a safety signal if this zone is violated, this zone causes no stop. The outer zone encapsulates the inner zone and allows the robot to run at reduced speed (500 mm/s) and additionally causes a category 1 stop if the boundaries are violated. Ideally, this would mean that in the outer zone I have a Tool Speed Supervision function, which activates based on the violation signal of the inner zone. 

As these signals originate from the same layer, I am unable to use the violation signal of the inner zone to activate Tool Speed Supervision in the outer zone. How can I achieve the conditional activation of safety functions in SafeMove2 based on violation signals also originating from SafeMove2? 

In this particular example, I could also use Tool Speed Supervision with higher priority in the inner zone and set the allowed speed far above the maximum tool speed. However, outside of this being an ugly fix, the conditional activation of safety functions based on other safety functions is also applicable in other situations such as combining specific axis ranges (i.e. axis 5 and 6 to prevent self-collisions with the tool or tool mounting).

Best,
Dave