RobotStudio event

Robot Studio Online 5.08

Options

I have recently upgraded to Robot Studio Online revision 5.08 and I have noticed a couple of quirks.  Not sure if it is just my laptop or RSO.  My laptop is running Windows 2000 by the way. 

While trying to edit configuration parameters such as:

TOPIC:MOTION:ROBOT or TOPIC:MOTION:MECHANICAL UNIT

when I try to "right click" to EDIT parameters I do not get another window allowing me to edit parameters or apply changes.  All I can do is really just view the parameters.  I am forced to make changes through a text editor to the MOC.cfg, EIO.cfg, etc.  Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks,
ACB

Comments

• RussD
    Options

A few questions:

What is the RSO version number listed in the lower LH corner of the Help>About... dialog?

What is the RW version of the robot you are trying to connect to?

Is it a physical system or virtual?

Where exactly are you right-clicking?

Here is a description of what should happen when you interact with Motion>Robot:

If you right-click "Robot" in the "Type Name" column of the Motion tab, you should see a context menu with the text "Add Robot...". This menu will be disabled if you do not have write-access or enabled if you do have write-access to the controller.

If you right-click a value of type Robot (anything to the left of the Type Name column), for instance ROB_1, you should see a context menu with the following choices: Add Robot..., Copy robot(s)..., Delete Robots(s)..., and Edit Robot(s)....All of these except Edit Robot(s) will be disabled if you don't have write access.

If you then select Edit Robot(s)..., a Parameter Edit dialog will be displayed, but all entries will be disabled unless you have write access to the controller.

Are you seeing something other than this behavior?

RussD2007-3-14 3:17:53
    Russell Drown
  • abetanzos
    Options

Hello RussD, and thanks for the reply.  I am still having trouble with RSO and yes the behavior is like you described, but I don't get a window that pops up allowing me to actually edit parameters including when I have write access.

RSO version = 5.8.2007.0

ROBOTWARE_5.08.2007 RobotWare 5.08.2007.02

This is a physical system.

Thanks,
    ACB
  • abetanzos
    Options

There was a problem with my laptop.  It works now.

Thanks,

ACB

Thanks,
    ACB