RobotStudio event

Create two tooldata on one gripper

Options
Hi experts,

I would like to create two tooldata  on end effector which will attach to robot joint 6. The end effector has a T-shape. Left side called gripper1 and right side called gripper2. I hope u all undestand this mechanical design. I can create a tooldata which reference to gripper1 and jog it using reorient perfectly. But i only able to create another tooldata using dummy tool because software wouldn't allow me to create tooldata using exising gripper1.
My problem is how do i create two tooldata on two surfaces on one end effector?

Thanks you ^^ 

Comments

• You can have many tools - what software are you referring to?
  • yu1988
    Options
    Hi grae,

i am using robotstudio 6.08. Adding more information to the title, it meas i want to do for example, creating two different tooldata(frame) on two different surface of 1 end effector.
  • If you right click on the Tooldata you can select create tool, then you can use the geometry of the tool teach the position (or type in the values if you know the dimensions) the TCP position.

• yu1988
    yu1988
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Grae,

in this example, could you teach me how do i create another tcpGripper2 on right hand side?
    As u seen, the left side is TcpGripper1. This TcpGripper1 is created when CAD model is imported in and using create tool wizard with frame.

Post edited by yu1988 on
  • yu1988
    Options
    Hi Grae, i did it successfully and did reorient using VC and it is worked by using ur method (create tooldata) thanks ya^^