Definition of arm loads

How do I know where the arm frames are? Is it written in some specification document?

I want to define an arm load, that is mounted on J4. I know the mass and mass centre coordinates from a specific load frame. Now I want to bring the mass center coordinates into coordinates of the J4 arm frame, but therefore I need to know where the arm frame is.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• lemster68lemster68 United States ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    System parameter manual, 6.2.6.  J4 is Fanuc talk, could get you beat up in an ABB forum.  :)

Lee Justice
  • EricHEricH Germany
    So what is a better term for J4? I better don't mess around with you guys :smile:

That manual has the same content like system parameters in the help documentation inside robotstudio. It only describes how to enter arm loads, but not how I get the position of an arm frame, so I don't know whether the values I enter are correct.

Here in this picture you can see the frame for arm 3. I know where the mass center of the load towards a special reference is, but I don't know where it is in arm 3 frame.

• lemster68lemster68 United States ✭✭✭
    Answer to your first question:  I have always referred to axes as axis 1, axis 2 and so on.  Just like on the pendant, you see 1,2,3 or 4,5,6.  Second, Take the robot to sync position and measure from the center of axis 3 (where it pivots).  Units will be meters.
    Lee Justice