RobotStudio event

Problem with robotstudio and alias variables

Options
I always get an error when trying to sync a routine from rapid into the station if the routine is using a alias variable.

using german Version of Studio btw.
RobotStudio .NET exception: Another RAPID symbol with the name 'P1' already exists<br>============================================<br>Base exception: ArgumentException<br>Another RAPID symbol with the name 'P1' already exists<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei RobotStudio.API.Internal.TaskHelper.CheckRapidNameInScope(RsTask task, String moduleName, Boolean local, String declarationName)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei ABB.Robotics.RobotStudio.Stations.RsDataDeclarationCollection.Add(RsDataDeclaration dataDeclaration)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei RobotStudio.Services.RapidSync.SerializerRS.RasRsDataSeries.InsertSentenceAsync(RasSentence newSentence)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei RobotStudio.Services.RapidSync.RasEngine.<InsertDataSentencesAsync>d__13.MoveNext()<br>--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei RobotStudio.Services.RapidSync.RasEngine.<SyncDataAsync>d__10.MoveNext()<br>--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei RobotStudio.Services.RapidSync.RasEngine.<SyncRoutineAsync>d__6.MoveNext()<br>--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei RobotStudio.Services.RapidSync.RapidSyncOperation.<SyncPathProcedureAsync>d__8.MoveNext()<br>--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; bei ABBInternal.Controller.SynchHelper.<DoSynch>d__21.MoveNext()<br>ParamName:

This error seems to occur in 2 cases

1. If I change the variable from a "normal" one into a alias variable and then try to sync
  2. If I make some changes to the routine which uses the alias variable
The only current fix i found is completly deleting the robot and replacing it with a new one.

Is there a better way to fix it?

It might be great if you could reset the station robot in future releases (this might make it easier to fix this and similar bugs)