RobotStudio event

RobotStudio .NET exception: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with...

kamil3k
kamil3k
edited November 2019 in RobotStudio
First of all, hi to every one on the forum. I'm new one to ABB robotics, (most of my career was in yellow and blue team. :)
I installed trial version of RS2019 on my computer. No issues, but when I tried to create a station with one robot and virtual controller, the VC starting process stopped and return an error as below:
<i>RobotStudio .NET exception: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F56E57E2-6B24-48A7-BF56-1D4BE32339F4} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).</i><br><i>============================================</i><br><i>Base exception: COMException</i><br><i>Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F56E57E2-6B24-48A7-BF56-1D4BE32339F4} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobVcFactory.CreateVcServer()</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.RobVcFactory.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<StartVC>b__0(TaskCompletionSource`1 tcs, List`1 finals)</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at RobotStudio.Services.RobApi.Internal.TaskUtils.<>c__DisplayClass0_0`1.<Run>b__0()</i><br><i>--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at RobotStudio.Services.Controller.ControllerService.<StartAndWaitForConnectionAsync>d__34.MoveNext()</i><br><i>--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at RobotStudio.Services.Controller.ControllerService.<StartAsync>d__32.MoveNext()</i><br><i>--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at RobotStudio.Services.Controller.ControllerService.<Start>d__31.MoveNext()</i><br><i>--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)</i><br><i>&nbsp;&nbsp; at ABBInternal.Controller.StationVirtualControllerManager.<StartNewController>d__16.MoveNext()</i>

This is the hardware specification of the first PC, OS Win7 Pro.
MachineId=c8ffc557-6024-44bf-ba69-b82a45ad331a
OSIdentifier=Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OSVersion=6.1.7601.65536
OSLanguage=en-US|English (United States)
OSBitness=64
CLRVersion=4.0.30319.42000
Locale=en-GB|English (United Kingdom)
ProcessorCoreCount=4
ProcessorLogicalCount=8
ProcessorNames=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
PhysicalMemory=17055637504
GfxCardNames=AMD Radeon R9 200 Series|Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GfxDriverDates=20160510|20120913
GfxDriverVersions=16.200.1010.0|9.17.10.2857
NumDisplays=1
PrimaryDisplayResolution=2560x1600
Domain=<local>
ComputerManufacturer=To Be Filled By O.E.M.
ComputerModel=To Be Filled By O.E.M.
PCSystemType=1

I installed RS on the other PC (similar spec, newer CPU) and have exactly the same error. I search for the error "80080005 Server execution failed..." and found that some people had the same server error with Excel. I tried to follow suggested solutions but they didn't work.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• How did you go about creating your station and virtual controller?

Did you use create from layout, manually create your virtual controller and then add it to the station...?

• Hi graemepaulin,
    I use New/Stations/Solution with Station and Virtual Controller. I tried to create stations with robot IRB 1200 5kg and IRB 120 3kg and Robotware 6.10.00.00
  • Try it step by step to see where the error occurs in the process:

1) Create the solution with empty station

2) Add a robot from the ABB library button (LH end of ribbon in home tab).

3) In the virtual controller tab (just along from the above button), select from layout - you can add the options you want in the controller as one of the steps

• This way is the same. Virtual controller has been created, in the Solution folder Virtual Controller folder with the content is present. Next step: Start the controller fail and return the error I posted in my first post. Always the same on both computers. This COM class ID: CLSID {F56E57E2-6B24-48A7-BF56-1D4BE32339F4} is not created in the register or component services.
  • Check that the system has been built correctly by using installation manger to open it and check the options.
  • I did it, and still the same. 
  • I have had issues with the virtual controller if they not in the default directory.

Failing that create a scan file as per below:

Then send it to your local support - who can be found at this link:

https://new.abb.com/contact-centers

• This error means RobVC.exe could not be started. The type of robot or controller options etc. have no impact on this. 
    I would recommend to reinstall or repair the installation as a first step.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Something you could test is to download the latest PCSDK from http://developercenter.robotstudio.com/downloads_pc
    and try to install the ABB Robot Communication Runtime.7.0.8617.559.
    Make sure that it is running as a service in Task Manager.
    For some users this component has failed to install.