RobotStudio event

robotware 5.61

Auto
Auto
edited February 2020 in RobotStudio
I am using RobotStudio 2019.5 (64-bit)  Version 7.0.8721.0594  and have a real world robot system that is using Robotware 5.61 and want to build a Robot studio system with RW 5.61 but the add-ins tab does not have Robotware 5.61 available for download. 

Could someone point me in the direction to get the robotware so I can build a system.  I guess it I should ask also if it is possible to build a 5.61 version system in this version of robot studio.

Comments

• You need to use System Builder not Installation Manager to create the system. System Builder is on the Controller / Installation Manager pull down tab
  • Auto said:
    Could someone point me in the direction to get the robotware so I can build a system. 

As you say RobotWare 5.61 is not available for download from inside RobotStudio. ABB recommends an upgrade to RobotWare 6.x instead (depending on your system details).

Normally you should have the media on a DVD, where most set it in a pocket in the controller cabinet door.
    If you don't have the DVD then you would need to contact your local ABB.
    If you don't have an ABB contact you can find one here:
    https://new.abb.com/contact-centers

Once you have the media you simply install RobotWare on the RobotStudio PC.

Auto said:
      I guess it I should ask also if it is possible to build a 5.61 version system in this version of robot studio.

Yes, but like Proulx says above you need to use System Builder.