RobotStudio event

Path Blending for a trimming application

I would like to know if there is software available that will blend a paths orientation from a start point to an end point.  All points in the path will have the orientation blended within a selected range to create a very smooth motion from start to end with many intermediate points.

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    That should be what the zonedata does for you naturally.  If you do not like what you are getting, you can make your own zonedata to tune the path more to your liking.
    Lee Justice
  • Thanks for the response but it has nothing to do with Zone Data.  I want to set the Euler angles of each intermediate point using the start point and end point evenly blended throughout the path.  This will result in a smooth continuous motion where you will see no "back and fourth" or wiggly orientation changes throughout the path.
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    In instances like you are describing I usually teach the start point, then the end point.  Start motion at the start point directly to the end point at slow speed, stopping at a desired distance along the path and modifying the next point.  The X,Y and/or Z will drift, but you can adjust that.  repeat from the newly modified point, directly to end point and so on.
    Lee Justice
  • Yes, that is how I do it too.  Normally with Robot Studio though.  So with a series of points, lets say 25 or more, I would like to within a path select a start point and an end point and blend the "already existing points" in the path.  And not have to guess how much to adjust the orientation at each point.  When you manually adjust the orientations the path becomes very sloppy.  Fanuc has a software called simple teach where you can do exactly what I'm talking about without going to each individual point.  I'm trying to find out if there is something similar.  I realize that it can be created with code but I want to avoid that if possible.

• Or use the interpolate function;-)

• This is exactly what I needed.  Thank you for your help svoldgaard.  I'm fairly new to Robot Studio and haven't used this feature yet.  Thank you for the insight!!