RobotStudio event

Problem with Outputs

Hi,

I am having a very difficult time with some of the outputs that I use on my robot and it is starting to become a safety issue. I have 4 different outputs connected to my air valves, for some reason when I am in the I/O screen and say, turn on output 2, output 1 will come on also. The I/O screen will say that both outputs are on, however I look in the controller cabinet and only output 1 light is on. What confuses me most is that this happens at random times and with different outputs, has any one ever experienced the same problem? The biggest issue is that we have a tool change that is controlled only by air, the tools that we have on the robot are somewhat expensive and took a while to make, the tools falling on the floor is obviously bad for them and also a safety hazard, since they weigh quite a bit. So if anyone has had the same problem please post, this project is hopefully going to be completed soon, and it is a big step for our company.

Thanks in Advance,

dh_custompak2010-05-30 04:42:31
Dustin

Comments

• Hi,

From my experience it's probably a faulty I/O-unit.
    If you have two or more I/O-units installed, see if you can narrow down the problem to one unit. If you can - switch places on the units and see if the problem persists on the same unit.

• Hi Dustin,

Check EIO.CFG and be sure output 1 and 2 are correctly defined (maybe they are both connected to the same output).

Ciao
    Claudio

• Thanks for the suggestions, we are still going through some trouble shooting, and I am still some what confused why it is doing it, so hopefully I can find the problem here shortly

Thanks again,

dh_custompak2010-05-30 04:42:43
    Dustin
  • Hi,

I was going to install a new Robot Ware on my Robot to see if that made a difference, however I realized we have never done that! :) so I was curious if anyone can help walk me through it, I cant find the instructions in any of the booklets we have.

Thanks in Advance,

dh_custompak2010-05-30 04:42:56
    Dustin
  • Hi Dustin,

Instructions on loading RobotWare should be in a PDF file called "Installation and commissioning".

Remember to BACKUP your system before you begin!!

Take care to delete current version before installing a new one, using the C-Start procedure (WARNING: THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR PROGRAMS AND CONFIGURATION FILES. Be sure your backup is ok.).
    Then pass through RobInstall steps, introducing robotware keys when requested. You should have at least two keys, one for the controller, and one for the manipulator. Be careful to install the options you need.

When you backup, you'll get a SYSPAR directory. Inside, you'll find the EIO.CFG file, defining all your i/o. If you'd like, attach it to a post, I will help you to debug.

Good Luck
    Claudio