RobotStudio event

Conveyor and PaintApplicator

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to simulate the application of paint to a part that is being carried by a linear conveyor and the SmartComponet PaintApplicator doesn't work. I have tried to do it by attaching a line sensor to de TCP of the tool, in order to detect the workpiece that was in that moment in the conveyor and  connect this "SensedPart" to de "Part" of the PaintApplicator, but it doesn't work.

I have also tried to lock the workpiece in the "Part" of the PaintApplicator, and it also doesn't work.

Is it possible to use the PaintApplicator to apply color to a part that is moving? How could I simulate the application of paint to a moving part?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Hello, It seems as the pain applicator is unable to change paint objects during a simulation. I brought this to r&d' attention and they will investigate this issue.

Nils Olofsson
    PC Software Support Engineer

• EricH
    EricH
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Have you adjusted the position and heading of the applicator (z axis should point to the part)? Also make sure that the color is different, Simulation is running and it is enabled.
  • JHID
    Options
    Hello, It seems as the pain applicator is unable to change paint objects during a simulation. I brought this to r&d' attention and they will investigate this issue.
    Nils was this addressed?
  • Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    This issue is set to be resolved with the 2022.2 release of RobotStudio.

Preliminary release date 2022-06-21

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer