RobotStudio event

System input for pp to main rejected

Joeri
Joeri
edited September 2020 in IRC5
Hello,

My goal is to simply move to program pointer back to the main routine after receiving a signal from the PLC, no matter what the robot is doing.

What is the best way to get this done? Right now I have tried to use the system inputs and linked that signal to the action "PP to main". However this always gets rejected by the controller.

Comments

• The program cannot be executing at the time that PPtoMain is given.  You must use the system input Stop, then PPtoMain.  BTW, I really do not like PPtoMain, that leaves you with a lot of things to do in a recovery scenario to make sure that you do not crash the robot.
    Lee Justice
  • Hey @lemster68 thank you for your input. I agree with you that it is not a good looking solution. How would you solve it in a "Clean" way.
  • That is going to be related to how complicated your cell is.  A whole bunch of areas, machines or maybe a simple pick and place.
    Lee Justice
  • If you can give some more info on what your system is required to do, we can assist better maybe someone has done something similar. 
  • It is a very simple laser cell:

2 in/output tables

1 stationary laser device in the middle of the two tables.

In each table the robot can pick two different type of parts and there are two different laser programs. The pick and drop programs for both parts are 99 percent identical.

They way I see it there are 3 zones

1.      Left table

2.      Right table

3.      Laser area

A recovery scenario is fairly easy since there is a lot of space.

For the tables a linear move upwards is enough to always be clear and for the laser zone it would be the opposite a linear move down.

From there the robot always has a clear path to his home pos

• Sounds pretty straightforward, you could use worldzones to figure out which area you are in.  Quite a few years ago, I was experimenting with the path recorder for recovery.  That would have worked nicely, but these cells had PLC logic that gave a PPtoMain.  When that happens, all recorded paths get discarded.  You could experiment with that for recovery, but be forewarned that you absolutely DO NOT want to use PPtoMain.
    Lee Justice
  • WorldZone would actually work better.