RobotStudio event

System stop

Hello,

I wont beat about the bush im very new to programming but I have a problem that might be simple  :smile:

Our Robot palletizes tyres and during the first load applies a label via a printer arm that comes out to meet the tyre. once applied the robot continues with the pallet.

Unfortunately there are no interlocks between the printer and the robot and we have had numerous accidents where the printer arm has come out and been hit by the Robot.

I would like to investigate the possibility of sending an input from the printer (already an interface into the Robot i/o) which holds the state of the Printer arm back switch. If the arm is not back then the robot is placed into stop.  When the arm is back the PLAY button can be pressed to resume.

I want this check to be done all the time, not just at one moment of the cycle. 

Can this be done?

Comments

• There is a system input to stop the program execution, you can configure that signal to it.  You will need to invert it, as it will stop the robot when it turns on.
    Lee Justice
  • dan_ken
    dan_ken
    edited October 2020
    Thanks for your reply, could you give me any more hints or tips on how i could do this?
  • What generation of robot controller?  Regardless of which, it will be in your EIO.cfg of a backup, system parameter.  Do you have robotstudio?  You can access the manuals from the help tab.
    Lee Justice