RobotStudio event

Using worldzone to stop the robot from collision

I am quite new to robotstudio and currently working with worldzones to restrict the robot movements so that the robot does not clash with the obstacles. I did manage to use the worldzone and stop the robot when TCP enters the worldzone in the simulation.

However, if the robot arm enters the worldzone, the robot will still continue to work as normal/without stopping which I am trying to avoid (I want the robot to stop, if any part of the robot enters the worldzone). 

I could not find any tutorial videos on this. In the forums discussions, I only learnt that using “WZLimJointDef” may help but unfortunately I did not manage to make it work.

Any help with this is truly appreciated.

Comments

• In the real world of automation world zones are not considered "safe".  As you have already seen, they monitor the tcp.  WZLimJointDef would work for you, just keep trying.  Try safemove, if you are just playing in the virtual world, you can build a virtual system with that option.
    Lee Justice
  • You can use Collision Avoidance. It is a part of the Motion Supervision option.
    In Robot Studio: Controller Tab / Configuration section / Collision Avoidance.
    See attachments
  • Collision Avoidance cannot be used together with responsive jogging. The Motion system
    parameter Jog Parameters/Jog Mode must be changed to Standard.