Attach multiple workobjects to "parent" workobject
I'm working on a project with a CNC-made table with a fixed "grid" of screw threads to mount other objects on. My goal is to make the diffrent wobj positions dependent on the one from the table, so the operator just needs to teach the real position of the table via three-point-method. I use the wobjs with MoveL and offset to arrive at the desired positions to pick and place 200 bolts.
What have i found so far:
- It's not possible to attach wobjs to one another
- You can attach wobjs to geometries, but i couldn't find the geometry's coordinate system to re-teach on the teachpendant (This would solve my question, if possible)
- The wobjs consist of only one userframe and one objectframe, multiple objectframes per userframe would also solve this issue
- I've tried to use the table's pos as a variable and use it with the other wobjs within their userframes, but robotstudio tells me that it "expected pos, found identifier", i found no other way than to hardcode the coordinates in RAPID and that is no real option
- Targets kind of work in the way intended but if you use a move command (such as MoveL) you need to specify a wobj and can't choose the robtarget itself as a coordinate reference
For now i use one workobject with one robtarget per object on the table, this works fine as long as no object is placed in other angles as the grid or the "parent" wobj, see image below.
Is there another option to solve this issue? Thank you for your time.
FHNW Brugg, Switzerland