Event Manager With Macros And Mechanisms

I am trying to set up a simulation using the Event Manager to trigger Macros to create, attach and detach parts and also move Mecanisms to a Pose.

My first issue is with the triggering the macros.  When I trigger a macro using an output from the robot program the macro gets triggered twice.  Therefore two parts are created, attached and detached from the robot.  This is not a huge problem as you can only see one part, but i'm not sure if it is a problem with RS.

I also have an issue when detaching the parts from the robot.  When i detach them using a macro i can not keep the current position of the parts, they always go back to the position they were originally created in.  Is there a parameter to keep the current position in the detach method the same as there is for the attach method?

I also have an issue trying to change the color of a part.  The macro compiles fine but when i try to run it i get the error 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException, mscorlib'.

The final issue i have is when using the event manager to move a mechanism to a pose.  This works fine unless i want to set a signal when the pose is reached.  If i add a signal, it is added to every event that has a mechanism movement, whereas i want a different signal for each movement.

I have attached a copy of my macros.  Any help would be appreciated.

2007-04-19_092412_ThisApplication.zip

Regards,

Craig Pentecost

Comments

• Hi Craig,

To keep the position when detaching you can save and restore the GlobalMatrix. Like this:

// Detach!
        IHasTransform tf = currentAttachedObject as IHasTransform;
        Matrix4 m = tf.Transform.GlobalMatrix;
        if (flange.Detach(currentAttachedObject))
        {
            tf.Transform.GlobalMatrix = m;
            Logger.AddMessage(new LogMessage("Sample Add-In: Detached"));
        }

As for the color problem: Unfortunately the System.Drawing.Color type currently isn't supported in VSTA, and there is no known workaround image

regards,
    Johannes

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics
  • Update: RS 5.09 will include a workaround for the Color problem and some other VSTA limitations :)

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    ABB Robotics