RobotStudio event

Can I program IRC5 without RobotStudio?

Dear forum members,

I am doing a graduation project with IRB660 (IRC5). 
My company has this robot secondhand. They dont want to spend money on RobotStudio. 

Is there any posible way to program IRC5 without robotstudio? (except the touchpad)

Comments

• Robotstudio is free trial for the first 30 days for the premium functions.  After that, it is still free for all non-premium functions.  For example, you can still edit rapid programs.
    Lee Justice
  • Fritz
    Fritz
    edited February 2021
    As previously said - programming is totally free and working without license on RobotStudio. You can also run robot in emulation mode and debug programs.
    Only some very specific and modeling related CAD functions require premium license. RobotStudio is best tool for ABB programming.
    If you still on some reason need alternative, then I can suggest Notepad++. Both, configuration files and program modules can be modified in any text editor. And can be loaded to controller from USB. But without RobotStudio, you really need to know what you are doing.
    Syntax highlighting plugins can be found easily in internet.
    I have heard that also UltraEdit and Visual Studio Code have plugins for RAPID language. I never used those, so can't advertise.

• I use Ultraedit, I like it.  You can also use the rapid editor in robotstudio without a license.
    Lee Justice