RobotStudio event

L type positioner not working in TPU

Options

HI

When using a virtual controller with the 250L positioner the teachpendant doesnt seam to move the manipulator. the jog window shows degrees of rotation increasing but model is stationary. In the station the robots mechanism includes the positioner and works fine. the external axis was correctly setup as axis 11 restarted and then calibrated.

I have unistalled/reinstalled RS4 and problem still persists. even the default C250L_1400 VC has same problem although the C250L_2400L works fine.

Any thoughts?... should I go back to 3.2

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

Sometimes the external axis gets unchecked in the setup controller window, and then will it not move when you jog from the TP. So make sure that the positioner is selected in the setup controller window before you jog with the TP.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • sturner
    sturner ✭✭
    Options

Hi

I have made sure that the external axis is checked every time I set up the controler. The problem still persists though.

Moving the positioner from the mechanism status in the station does update the value in the  TPU jogging window but, jogging from the pendant causes external axis in the station to flip to zero degress and then wont move any more in the station even though the TPU continues to show values for the positioner moving.

All virtual contollers cause PC to hang when restating but only when connected to ABB Network. this was reported last october but problem still persists. Do you think my IBM T43P should be rebuilt?

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

I tested the C250L_1400 VC and I got the same problem as you image. I don't have any good explanation why it happens, but I tested to create a program with the VC, and that worked correct, and I could run it from the TPU.

So if you can live without the TPU jogging it should be ok to use the system for programming.

Regarding the problem with restarting the VC, it has to be something in your PC that causes the problem. What you can check is that you have the latest video driver installed (a bad video driver can cause a lot of strange problems in RS, specially with ATI video cards).

It can also be an antivirus or antispyware program that causes the problem.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Toni
    Options
    Hello, I have the same problem with the IRBP500C (IRBP500C_-_M2001_REV1_01.rlb --> Downloaded from ABB library), I worked without problems in RS3.2, but with RS4.0 It doesn't work.
    Please, could you assist me? For our clients jogging the robot and the positioner from TPU is essencial. Do you recommend to return to 3.2 release? Could you test it?