Data not being shown in client from OPC UA Server

stefpender
stefpender boston
edited April 2021 in IRC5
I've been using the OPC UA server for months now with a virtual controller setting up communications.  Today I'm getting error messages "Error creating monitored item on server."  I tried updating the OPC UA server and RobotStudio.  Using Softing DataFEED client as the manual recommends.  Any ideas?  

Comments

• stefpender
    stefpender boston
    Uninstalled and reinstalled everything.  It's working now!

• user_matiss
    user_matiss Latvia
    edited November 2021
    Good day! I have been using virtual controller IRC5 and OPC-UA server in RS2021 actively for the last few months. This is a task for students to do connection with UAExpert client. We have a lot of issues  for controller tags  of Rapid variables and I/O signals not showing up on the opc client side. Usually this works only after several re-starts and recreation of robot alias in the server. 

Is this somewhat related to the virtual controller? Othervise this is a production-like setup.
  • XNOR
    XNOR United States
    Thanks for sharing your issue and updating. I'm trying the IOT Gateway against an older version of robotware (6.05.02) and only get PERS variables (no VAR or CONST) -- perhaps I need to try some re-installs.
  • Maxim Riabichev
    Maxim Riabichev Sweden admin
    edited December 2021
    Hello,

user_matiss After creating a persistent variable on the controller, you have to restart the IoT Gateway for it to show up in the client. Same goes for when you delete a variable from the controller.

XNOR According to the manual https://robotapps.blob.core.windows.net/apps/ApplicationManual IoT Gateway v1.1.pdf

I.e. only persistent variables are available from the RAPID domain.

Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer