RobotStudio event

Collada import error

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to import a Colada file, this had worked once before however now I get an error message when I try to import another one. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Using RS2020.4.

I get the following error message:
RobotStudio .NET exception: An item with the same key has already been added.
============================================
Base exception: ArgumentException
An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at RobotStudio.Services.GraphicConverters.Collada.ColladaImport.LoadNode(ColladaNode parent, IEnumerable`1 xnodes, IProgressCallback progress)
   at RobotStudio.Services.GraphicConverters.Collada.ColladaImport.LoadInternal(String fileName, IProgressCallback progress)
   at RobotStudio.Services.GraphicConverters.Collada.ColladaImport.Load(String fileName, IProgressCallback progress)
   at RobotStudio.Services.GraphicConverters.Collada.ColladaGraphicConverter.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<ImportAsync>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at RobotStudio.Services.GraphicConverters.GraphicConverterService.<ImportAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at ABBInternal.StationLogic.ComponentServices.<ImportComponents>d__7.MoveNext()
ParamName:

With kind regards,
Nick

Comments

• My tip would be to try to get the file in a different format or export it again with different settings in the CAD software. It sucks but sometimes thats the only way forward.
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer