RobotStudio event

S4 Error code

Options
I have an ABB robot that was moved.  After the move it would not show any of its positions or allow itself to be jogged.  I have a servots.c 746 not allowed if servo task not initialized code that pops up when I try to jog or commutate...  It says on power up that it needs to be commutated.  Thanks for any help

Comments

• fisselt
    Options
    I am also having this problem. Albeit 4 years later. Does anyone have any suggestions? I got a long list of errors on this robot that I've finally gotten the original start-up disks for.

If anyone would like to help I would appreciate it!

• O'Really?
    Options
    I have encountered similar errors while using the teachpendent to modpos, etc. These are internal CPU errors, your's specifically is a servo task construction error. The number is the line of code it crashed on.

When I get these errors generally a warm start will fix it, though sometimes if it persists I will cold boot and everything will run fine again.

After talking to a few technicians at ABB the most I could get from them was upgrade the controller or deal with it. Apparently these are issues relating to age on S4 and S4C controllers, and ABB doesn't want anything to do with them anymore.

Hope this helps,

-Matt