RobotStudio event

"Circular 3 segments" unavailable [ArcWelding PowerPac]

Options
In the ArcWeld Powerpack 5.08 Operating Manual pg 37 i found a weld template "circular 3 segments", however i can not find it in the weld templates in ArcWeld Powerpack 5.08 software, has it been removed?

I am asking this because i am having trouble creating circular welds (plug welds), i am getting a robot axis configuration error on my real controller but i cant put any intermediate points in as it is a generated path. i am using "one circular segment" to create the path?

"Argon Technology - your industrial robotics and automation partner, helping you build your tomorrow"

Comments

• Hardikez
    Options

Hi

I have the same question because i have been looking for"circular 3 segments " as well

Kent Zibrandtsen
    Dept manager robot welding
    Kez@hardi-international.com
  • Cole
    Options
    I still haven't resolved this issue Hardikez, however if i do get any success i will let you know.
    "Argon Technology - your industrial robotics and automation partner, helping you build your tomorrow"

• You are right, "Circular 3 segments" is missing and it is a misstake to have it in the help file. I will contact the responsible. I am not sure when this function will be available? But you can use Circular segment. Just use at least 9 robtargets for a 50 mm plug then it will work. You can then copy and mirror the path you have made to save programming time. You can also make the circle bigger or smaller by using modify reference position.