RobotStudio event

EGM timeout time

Options
In Application manual - Externally Guided Motion page 25, it writes that "EGM_STATE_CONNECTED and change the state to EGM_STATE_RUNNING as long as the convergence criteria for the target position have not been met or the timeout time has not expired". I know the convergence criteria should be changed in EGMRunJoint, but I couldn't find the default value of the timeout time and have no idea how could we change it to keep a longer EGM_STATE_RUNNING status.

Looking for someone could help me
Tagged:

Comments

• xerim
    Options
    The manual states the default value is 1 second, you should be able to adjust this with the \CondTime argument for EGMRunJoint
  • yanjun_yang
    Options
    xerim said:
    The manual states the default value is 1 second, you should be able to adjust this with the \CondTime argument for EGMRunJoint
    Hi Xerim

Thanks for your reply. I actually use the EGM function with the StateMachine Addin. And yes, the \CondTime could set the EGM convergence timeout. The problem is it works if the \CondTime shorter than 15 mins. If I set a value larger than 15 mins, the EGM still stops around 15 mins. Therefore I'm trying to find if there is another timeout value.

If you are familiar with the EGM, would you mind take time to have a look at the StateMachine Addin?
  • xerim
    Options
    What is the state of the EGM when it times out? Perhaps you could try printing the EGM state to the FlexPendant with TPWrite and EGMGetState to verify
  • yanjun_yang
    Options
    xerim said:
    What is the state of the EGM when it times out? Perhaps you could try printing the EGM state to the FlexPendant with TPWrite and EGMGetState to verify
    Do you know if there is a maximum value for the \condtime?
  • xerim
    Options
    I don't know if there is a maximum timeout value, I would contact ABB about this 
  • yanjun_yang
    Options
    xerim said:
    I don't know if there is a maximum timeout value, I would contact ABB about this 
    Thanks