RobotStudio event

How to manipulate IRB120 with an S7-1200 through IRC5C controller?

Avilarinof
edited November 2021 in IRC5
I'm working on a project where we have to control a IRB120 arm (with an IRC5Ccompact controller) using an s7-1200 plc. What are my options to do that?

I've done a bit of research and I think that it has to be done through a profinet connection (our IRC5C has a dedicated profinet port), but can it be done directly (connecting outputs from the PLC to inputs on the controller)? I assume there's a way, but I can't find any information about it.
Also, in the IRB120 Product Specification document I can find references to documents "Product Specification - Controller IRC5"  (document ID 3HAC047400-001) and "Product Specification - Controller Software IRC5" (document ID 3HAC050945-001) but I can't seem to find them anywhere. This part is solved, I could find both documents by searching them by name in two different search engines, but somehow I can't find them by searching in ABB Library.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Best Answer

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You just need to map your inputs and outputs to and from robot, both in robot and PLC.  Pay particular attention to the system inputs and outputs.  You can read up on that in the Technical reference manual, System parameters.
    Lee Justice