Is it possible to trigger saving PERS values from RAPID?

Hello everyone,

I am new to RAPID programming and am struggling with the safe storing of PERS-values - especially robtargets.
In my application the values are initialized by declaring the robtargets with values 
in a module which is used to store all positions that the operator may have to teach during operation.

The teaching process also is based on assigning new values to those PERS-values from rapid code.
The code works fine, but when reading the handbook I stumbled across a passage that states that
the assignment of new values to persistants only takes place in memory while the program  is being executed.

As far as I understand, the new values are only saved back to the program on disk when the following happens:
-backup
-module is saved to disk
-program is saved
-program is edited

Since none of these events is supposed to be done by the operator, I now am wondering if the values, that are assigned to the persistants during operation (new positions) will be lost in case of a controller reboot/ power loss.

Is there any possibility to trigger the store-procedure for the persistants from RAPID-code?
Is there a best practice to make sure PERS-values are written back to the disk after being manipulated?

I tried the "save"-"startload" instruction for saving the module and loading it back at startup, but since the program is already running when the load is called and the PERS are already loaded, I get an error-message.
Since the program loads the module automatically, I also cannot unload it before using startload.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best Answer

• lemster68
    lemster68 United States ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Use the IPers interrupt to trigger a trap in which you save the data containing module to where it needs to be on the storage media.

Answers

• TBE
    TBE Germany
    Thanks for the reply - this works for me. 

I was hoping there is a better way to do it without having to watch each PERS seperately, but nevertheless I can proceed with it.