RobotStudio event

what happened to robotware 7.4?

Options
Just unboxed and backed up a new robot with robotware version 7.4 In robotstudio I tried to use the backup to create a new system, problem is the create button remain grayed out because the "product is not compatible with the selected robotware version".

I tried this with the target robotware versions 7.31 and 7.51 with the same result. I'm sure your thinking why not uses 7.4? well the answer is it is not available for download, only 7.3x or 7.5x nothing in between!

Answers

• spg666
    Options
    I was hoping for some help with this, I've got a robot who's robotware cont be replicated in robot studio, any advice?
  • Newman
    Options
    Can you upgrade robot to 7.5?
    -----------------
    David
    Swedish freelance ABB robot programmer
  • spg666
    Options
    That though crossed my mind, I don't know to be honest. I'm very familiar with the IRC5 controllers but this Omnicore controller is new to me.
  • Newman
    Options
    Procedure to upgrade rw is kind of the same as irc5, but omnicore in general is buggy and frustrating. Had a ton of problems and no help from ABB.
    -----------------
    David
  • Hello there.

I'd have to recommend you to contact your local ABB with this issue.

https://new.abb.com/contact-centers

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • spg666
    Options
    That's what I was afraid of, the pendant has an error out of the box which I've not bothered to investigate. If I change the robotware I'm afraid I'll end up with more problems an no assistance to sort it out.
  • Newman
    Options
    You might as well update to rw 7.5 before reaching out for support, otherwise this is the first thing they will ask you to do. 
    -----------------
    David
  • spg666
    Options
    thanks for the advice gents. I'll probably contact ABB here in the UK and see what they say. Time is on my side as the rest of the machine is still being built.