RobotStudio event

Missing Reset Configuration Option

Options
I'm currently running RobotStudio 2021.4 and I've found that there is no option to reset the configurations on a path. As noted in the RobotStudio Operating Manual, I should be able to right-click a path, select Configurations, and select Reset Configurations.
When I attempt to do this, I find there is no "Configurations" option in the menu, only "Auto Configuration".

Is there a reason this feature isn't available? I'm aware that I can make this option available with a keyboard shortcut, but doesn't seem to change the target/move instruction icon as the manual suggests.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Maxim Riabichev
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There are many "correct ways" to generate paths with appropriate configurations. The one you mentioned is one of them!

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer

Answers

• Hello JolonB,

I've just searched through the RS 2021.4 Operating manual and I can't seem to find that section. What version of the manual are you looking in, and what page is that excerpt taken from?

Thanks!

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • JolonB
    Options
    Hi Maxim,

It looks like I might be using the manual for RS5.14 on page 405 (link). That explains why it's different.

I think I figured it out too (by looking at the 2021 manual this time). By right-clicking a target, I can set its configuration and then apply it to the entire path by running Auto Configuration. Is this the correct way to set the configuration of a path?

• JolonB
    Options
    That clears things up. Thank you for your help!