RobotStudio event

Gun not opening after spot weld

Hi guys, I have an ABB robot with a spot weld gun, my problem is that at times the gun does not open after a spot weld and the robot still tries to move to the next step and crushes, a gun not opening error pops up and it advises me to decrease the post-synchronization time. I am struggling to find where to adjust the post-synchronization time is. Any suggestions are welcome.

Answers

• Add a WaitDI "open/close signal", 1/0 (depending on how your signal is setup) instruction before the next move to point. This will force the Robot to wait for the signal to reset (open/close) 
  • That is one way to go about it, but I have a number of weld spots so I am going to need to add it on all 30 spots, now if the gun doesn't open up I am going to need to stop the line and open the gun and my boss is not going to be happy. I have attached a copy of the error message which suggests that I need to decrease the post-synchronization. I am struggling to make that change, any guidance on how I can decrease that system parameter.

time.
  • Has the robot done this before? It also may be a faulty connection or dirty sensor or something linked to the gun. Check all your connections on your gun.