RobotStudio event

Support for local robtargets

Options
Is there any plans for adding support for routine scope robtargets to the simulation station in robotstudio?

It's a much better way for sorting data to define robtargets local in a proc if they are not used elsewhere, but robotstudio simulation dosen't support that. 
Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:

Comments

• graemepaulin
    Options
    @Maxim Riabichev can you comment on this?
  • Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    I would need to bring this up with R&D.

I'll get back to you.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    Tompan, by default RobotStudio will place robtargets outside of procedures. But it is possible to move them into procedures in the RAPID editor. They will then become "local". Just hit apply and sync back to station.

Try it out and let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    With the exception of PERS type robtargets, as PERS declarations are not allowed in routines.
    Lee Justice
  • Tompanhuhu
    Options
    Tompan, by default RobotStudio will place robtargets outside of procedures. But it is possible to move them into procedures in the RAPID editor. They will then become "local". Just hit apply and sync back to station.

Try it out and let me know if this is what you were looking for.
    The biggest issue I encounter is that different procs have targets with the same name. 

Let's say procs rPickMachine1 and 2 both have these robtargets:
    pApproach
    pPick
    pDepart

Robotstudio can't handle that they have the same name but they exist in different scopes so it's not a conflict. 
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile: