RobotStudio event

File write protected Robotstudio 2021.4 64bit.

Options
Often when opening a station I get a message that the file is write protected. Choosing NO and try then again can solve the problem, sometimes I have to retry 2 or even 3 times before it opens correctly.
The stations has been closed correctly last time it was used. It also happens when starting robotstudio for the first time after a restart of the PC. The support tool does not report anything about this.

Comments

• Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    Are you storing the station files on a cloud service, such as OneDrive / Google Drive?

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Falkia
    Falkia
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Are you storing the station files on a cloud service, such as OneDrive / Google Drive?
    Hi,
    No, the station is stored local at C:\xx\stations\

I have several colleagues with the same problem.

• Maxim Riabichev
    Options
    Perhaps your anti-virus software is holding the files hostage during a scan? Have you tried disabling the anti-virus software and see if the issue persists?

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • Falkia
    Options
    Yes the anti-virus software (ESET Nod32) is disabled to gain performance when running simulation.
  • Falkia
    Options
    I tried with Process Explorer from sysinternals.com and there is no other process that locks the station when the message appears. When the opening of the station works the Process explorer shows RobotStudio.exe as process of the file so the software Process Explorer works as it should.