RobotStudio event

Set up a controller with 2 robots and 1 or 2 external axis

Options

Hi, I have seen this question several times here in the forum, but these are partly already several years old or unsolved. Therefore here again a new attempt.

I'm working with RobotStudio since a few weeks and I want to build a station where 2 robots work in MultiMove independant mode. Additionally the two robots are moved by one or two external non-ABB axis(es). The external axis is an XYZ gantry: a common X-axis for both robots followed by a separate Y- and Z-axis for each robot. It doesn't matter if this gantry is implemented with a single mechanism or 2 separate ones. I have already realized a station with a mechanism containing all axes and a station in which each robot has its own XYZ axis.

My problem is to integrate the mechanisms correctly into the controller. I have to adapt the configuration files for this, like the SYS-file or MOC-file, but this is where the difficulties lie, because I don't know exactly which parameters I have to change and how. There are also very few examples on the internet where you can understand this.

I tried using the External Axis Wizard, but that didn't work out so well.

I also tried to use the Standalone Controller (SAC) Addin. Here I built a controller that contains 2 robots and 2 external axes (XYZ). Thus the configuration parameters are already somewhat adapted to my target system, but still not 100 percent.

Ich worked oin the following parameters so far:

For each of the two robots and the external axes I created a Mechanical Unit Group and an own Task. There are also 2 Drive Modules, one for robot 1 and external axis 1, one for robot 2 and external axis 2. I have adjusted the Logical Axes under Motion Configuration so that the external axes use positions 7-12 and do not collide with the positions of the robots (1-6).

The error message 50273: Motion Configuration came up.

It says that the parameters for Logical Axis are not correct.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem or where I made a mistake? Do I need to approach the problem in a completely different way? If you need some more information feel free to ask 😊 

Answers

• Tompanhuhu
    Options
    If you can add ABB motors to your gantry in robotstudio, try reading this thread on how to use external axis wizard to get all setup.
    https://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/comment/34569#Comment_34569

If you have any questions I'll try to help. 
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile:
  • Tompanhuhu
    Options
    Or the quick and dirty method, just drop 5 linear tracks in the roof and make them move each other and the robots.
    Then hide them and add your own geometry? 
    Systemintegrator - Web / C# / Rapid / Robotstudio

If I helped, please press Vote Up  :smile: